Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Time Is Now: Planning!


Finally! It is the time of the year that every AICE Media Studies AS Students has been eagerly waiting for. After almost 3 quarters of learning techniques ranging from shots to editing to the meaning of color, and doing other smaller projects, we are finally able to prove our knowledge on our Portfolio Project. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't nervous as this project is a big part of whether or not I pass the AICE exam. This project is composed of several parts that require my greatest weakness… good time management skills. However, to overcome my time management challenge, I have decided that creating a set schedule with my partner is essential. 

Below, I will show you what my schedule I have created will ideally look like. This plan for the next 7 weeks is still open to changes, as I must discuss it with my partner Sofia. 


2/25-3/3: 

  • Figure out what genre we will represent in our film opening.
  • Do research on our chosen genre.(include: common content, character types, production techniques) 
  • Create the story line to our film opening. 
  • Come up with storyboard/shot list/ script

3/4-3/10

  • Find actors and actresses for our film 
  • Find locations to shoot our film
  • Design costumes/ hair & makeup 
  • Focus on: color, time period, and location.
  • Begin filming

3/11-3/17:

  • Continue research (if necessary)
  • Search for no royalty sounds and music
  • Finish filming

3/18-3/24

  • Create Foley sounds needed 
  • Begin editing

3/25-3/31

  • Ensure to have all shots needed
  • Finish Foley
  • Finish finding any no royalty music 
  • Finish Editing 
  • Begin working on creative critical reflection.

4/1-4/7

  • Finish and post CCR
  • Post Film opening 
  • Finish editing blog 

By creating this schedule, this will allow Sofia and I to be on the same page of what needs to get done each week to successfully complete our portfolio project. This schedule also is helpful in dividing the responsibilities between the two of us since it clearly shows all the responsibilities for that week. As we both have busy schedules, it is vital to have a set plan such as this one to ensure that we are working diligently and to be able to put forth our best work in regards to our film opening. 

Overall, I am extremely excited to see where the journey of creating a film opening will take us! Hopefully you will stay along for the ride. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment