Sunday, March 31, 2019

Music Overdose

I never thought I would say this but…. I have listen to TOO MUCH MUSIC!! Today I have spent my day listening to dozens of sounds trying to find the ones that match with the film. My goal with the background music is for assist the actual film in building up emotion. In this film we cover several different emotions, including anxiety provoking, fear, and creeped. These are a lot of emotions to find a song that compliments the situation perfectly. What makes the job more challenging is that we must use royalty free music. Luckily there are two websites that have assisted me in finding my perfect tunes. 

For starters, the first website I used was Youtube's royalty free music library, called “Music For Creators.” This music library has an a location to look at all their sounds listed by playlist. The labeling of the playlist made it easy to sort through the sounds as I focused on the sound types that pertain to my story line. For instance, in “sorted by mood” I knew not to look at happy or inspirational because those are not moods in my film. However, one down fall of the website is that a lot of the sounds are electro/ techno which is not the sound that I envisioned for my film.



Since the first source didn't cut it for me, I decided to check out “Purple Planet.” This website was my jackpot. The website classifies their sounds by moods which makes the sound hunt 100 times easier. On this website I decided to stay with in: Emotional, Creepy, and Tense. These are moods that are prominent in my film, so finding a list of sounds full of these moods was truly awesome.




Since I listened to so many sounds, To keep track of which sounds I wanted to use, I kept a list on my phone. For the purple planet website, I wrote down the name of the sound and then which part of the film I would want to use it in.




For the Youtube music library, I chose to just simply email them to myself with the scene i would use them in the Subject line.




Overall, I am very excited about the sounds I have found and cannot wait to put them together. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment