Friday, March 8, 2019

On the hunt... for a location

When Sofia and I created our shots list we decided that we would shoot at three different locations.

Image result for Markham park forest
For the first part of the film opening, we envisioned it in a secluded woodsy park. As we wanted the chase to lead into a forest. So we sat down and brainstormed what location nearby had the look we were going for. I then remembered when I was in middle school during my summers I used to go to summer camp. This camp was located our very own Markham park ! During my time at summer camp we used to go on “ nature hikes.” The forest that we went on the hikes is a PERFECT match to our vision. The forest has moss on the floor and the trees are lush. The trees are so tall that the sun barely reaches into the forest, which gives a mysterious vibe.




Image result for narrow under stairs walk in closetThe next location has been troublesome to find. On my previous posts I have spoken about my original vision for the “kidnappers hiding place.” At first I wanted an all white room, then I considered using a walk in freezer. However, the walk-in freezer is a no go. My boss said no to filming in the fridge, what a party pooper!! So Sofi and I played with a two ideas, one was to film in her garage and make it seem as if she were actually trapped in a confined space. However, we have made the decision to film the kidnapper hiding place in my closet. This closet is the length of my stairs so the closet is narrow and long, it will give the illusion of being trapped.



The last location where we are filming is in the savannah commons. This location is going to be for the the part that focuses on the mother. We chose the savannah commons because they have a bulletin board which is perfect for the scene we are planning. Also it is in the same neighborhood as where Caroline lives, which will make it easier to film with her. 


Little by little we are getting closer to reaching our goal of filming by Sunday. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment