Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Title Search



Now that my partner and I have the overcame creating the storyline and bringing it to life, so now the time has come to create a title for out film. I decided to do some research on my genre conventions once again, except this time in regards to titles. 


The first thing I noticed when conducting my research is that the titles for Crime thrillers usually are made up of only one to two words. It is usually very simple and straightforward names. The titles usually describe what the movie will end up being about. For instance, movies such as the movies Taken and Kidnap. 


These findings have lead my partner and I to steer our title choices to one to two words. We took into account what our film was about. The main points are that the kidnapper is watching Veronicas every move. So that's where we came up with the name Obsession, because the kidnapper is obsessed with Veronica and her life. Another name that we came up with was “Step by step.” We believe this would be a good title because the Kidnapper follows veronicas day step by step meticulously. Also this title could be relevant to the story because it goes with the mom's journey as she goes step by step to find her daughter.


There is a lot to think about, we are still unsure about the title names. We got to reflect a little and the title will find its way to us… Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment