Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Enlightenment !


Hey guy, how has your week been going? My week has been enlightening! In my last media studies class my teacher set up group meetings...with a twist. Instead of meeting with our partners, we met with other people in our class. In these groups, we were with 4 people other people with the the same project. Each one of the students was able to present their ideas for their film opening and their blog with the group. 

When it was my turn to present, I directed the people to my blog. I was so glad that I had decided to design my blog the night before! It still needs a little work, but it is starting to represent who I am. I chose to begin from my first post, as I explained the schedule I set up for Sofi and I. They believed that it was a great idea that I created a set schedule since in past projects we worked in we found that we were tight on time, as we want to do the best job possible. 

The next post I directed them to was the one about genres. I talked to them about my journey to find the for the perfect genre. A Lot of them also found that the Horror genre would be hard to execute properly. Lastly on my blog I spoke to them about my love for the thriller genre. They also expressed that they were doing some sub genre of thriller as well.

Finally, I got to explaining my ideas for my film opening(which you hear about next post). They allowed me to develop my thoughts and better them. I was stuck on figuring out where one of the locations for my film opening would be. For this specific scene I envisioned it in a bright white room, as it is considered to be a torture technique. However, a room like this would be difficult to find and even harder to build. 

Image result for walk in fridge

So we talked through it and they gave me an idea.. to film this scene in a freezer or in a fridge. This would use a natural setting as a hiding place, kind of giving the hiding in plain site effect, just like in the netflix series YOU. This was perfect because guess what… I work at a restaurant! I'm going to ask my boss for permission to allow me to film there, lets see what he has to say. 




This group meeting was extremely helpful in the development of my project and I am so excited to put their critiques into my project… Stay tuned for the next posting!


No comments:

Post a Comment